TRBS works to enhance the preservation of our area’s rich Blues history. We promote, educate, and preserve a unique African-American original art form which is the Blues, we also celebrate the excellence of all Blues music and types on all levels. TRBS goal is to Increase awareness and appreciation for Blues music by providing a network of like-minded fans, musicians, venues and promoters. TRBS is focused on blues music as a genre.
The Trinity River Blues Society is a collaborative organization. TRBS success is dependent on the support that the community provides; That support can be through volunteering, monetarily or resources in kind.
A successful TRBS can:
- Help Blues in Schools programs to nurture the music
with the youth
- Support the Blues scene so that it can thrive with more
opportunities for local and touring performers.
- Celebrate the Blues history of North Texas
- Contribute to support systems that can help musicians
in their time of need.
The North Texas Blues community can be so much better with a strong blues society.
Joining the TRBS TRIBE and be a part of making it happen.
Angela Buffington – President
Musician’s Corner Feature
Click the link to read about our musicians
Brandi Waller-Pace is a Fort Worth-based artist, educator, and scholar. A former general music educator, she is the Founder and Executive Director of Decolonizing the Music Room, a nonprofit with a mission of centering Black, Brown, Indigenous, and Asian voices and...
TRBS has promoted or co-sponsored numerous events and charities such as :
- Slim-Jim show with Charley Crockett opening August
- Golden State Lone Star revue December 2016
- Museum of Street Culture 508 ENCORE PARK 2017
- Jimmie Vaughn and Janiva Magness HART foundation
fundraiser February 2018
- Bedford Blues Festival Friday Nights 2018 and 2019
- TRSB Cast of Blues Frisco Heritage Museum April
- Lone Star Blues and Heritage Festival 2019
- Blusey Tuesday House of Blues Dallas, 2019 and 2021
- Sponsored Kerrie Lepai Jones Women in Blues February 2021
- JOPPA-JOPPA back to School Bash August 2021
- Starlight blues at 222 September 2021
The Trinity River Blues Society is a 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit organization as of 2015, and an affiliate member of The Blues Foundation. We are an all-volunteer organization, dedicated to promoting Blues music in the greater DFW and North Texas areas.